Silverlight Error 1001
If you are receiving a Silverlight Error 1001 when trying to play Netflix Watch Instantly titles, the cause of this error is that there are missing fonts on OS X. In particular, you are missing certain Arial and Verdana fonts.
There are two solutions to be able to resolve this matter. The first being you reinstall the fonts and the second, you update to the latest Silverlight version.
Check for Missing Fonts
- Go to Library
- Go to Fonts and check the Fonts library to see if you have the following fonts; Arial Bold Italic, Arial Bold, Arial Italic, Arial, Verdana Bold Italic, Verdana Bold, Verdana Italic or Verdana. If you are missing any of these fonts, it is necessary to restore them to the fonts folder.
Restore Backup Fonts
- Go to your Username folder
- Go to Library
- Go to Fonts
- Copy all missing fonts from this folder to /Library/Fonts
If this keeps happening, Microsoft released version Silverlight build 2.0.40115.00 on February 18, 2009 which fixes this error from happening.
Release Notes for Silverlight 2.0.40115.00
- Fixes problems that were caused by Silverlight and McAfee scanning tools interactions
- UI automation stability fixes, including:
- Graceful failures when attempting to use features that require .Net Framework 3.0 or 3.5 on machines that do not have either framework installed
- Improved Tablet support
- Fixes an issue that arises when Mac users customize their environment by removing Arial and Verdana fonts
- Fixes a known issue with Isolated Storage IncreaseQuotaTo method
Filed under: Netflix Watch Instantly | 2 Comments
Tags: Microsoft, netflix, Silverlight, streaming, watch instantly